Friday 11 July 2014

Corbinsbere Water Training


Summer is well and truly here, bringing with it warm hazy days and glorious summer evenings. It's an ideal time to enjoy the mood of the season and practice our water retrieves. Bloxworth provides the perfect location for our introduction to water training delivered by Corbinsbere Gundogs.
The aim...A neat delivery out of the water to hand. Rather than diving in with long retrieves the focus is to give the dogs several short retrieves that doesn't put them under too much pressure and finish with a delivery to hand without dropping the dummy and shaking first.
 
As I stand by the water I can feel the warm evening sun on my face. Majestic trees cast their reflection over the far side of the lake. I catch the scent of wild flowers on a breeze. It is a beautiful summer's evening. The dogs are quivering with excitement knowing what is about to unfold.
As we wait our turn for a retrieve I watch the swallows dip and weave across the lake. The fading sun bounces off the lake with an occasional ripple of water. A damselfly catches Ivy's attention as it hovers over the bank. It is a privilege to train my dog on an estate which attracts an abundance of wildlife...to observe and feel part of it. These are some of the real benefits of my gun dog journey with Ivy.

 
  
 
 
Oh...I forgot to mention...the delicious custard slices, whopping scones and a lovely cuppa..

 


I was touched by a personal post I read this week from Kevin Jackson, Quest Gundogs Training Equipment, who sadly had to say goodbye to his dog, Magic.

This blog is for you Kevin who I'm sure has experienced many enjoyable water training days with The Magic......“He gave me his all and asked for nothing other than love and company…” Kevin Jackson, July 4th 2014.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment